- Since our inception in 2006, Communities In Schools of Greater Wichita Falls Area has helped over 1,500 students succeed in school.
- In the 2013-2014 school year, 99% of students in CISGWFA improved their grades by the end of the year!
- 95% of CISGWFA case-managed students were promoted, as well as 95% of eligible seniors in CIS graduated in that same year!
2014-2015 School Year Highlights:
- 3 middle schools were served: Barwise Junior High, Kirby Junior High, and McNiel Junior High
- 2 high schools were served: Hirschi High School and Wichita Falls High School
- 766 students received Integrated Student Support services from CISGWFA
- 4,224 students received Level One* or school-wide prevention services
- 766 students received Level Two** targeted and sustained interventions
- 95% of seniors receiving targeted and sustained services graduated
- 95% of the students in grades 6-12 who received targeted and sustained services were promoted to the next grade
- 93% of the students in grades 6-12 who received targeted and sustained services with an attendance goal met their goal. For some students, the goal was to increase the number of days they attended and for others it was to maintain their attendance levels
- 99% of the students in grades 6-12 who received targeted and sustained services with an academic performance goal met their goal. These goals, which are tailored to each student, include improving class grades, overall GPA, standardized test scores, or homework completion
- 99% of the students in grades 6-12 who received targeted and sustained services with a behavioral goal met their goal and decreased their suspensions
- We expanded to Rider High School! All secondary campuses in the WFISD have CIS Programs on their campuses!
- We will be serving at least 800 students in the WFISD
- Ask your Campus Site Coordinator about their 217 Program!
*Level One services, also known as whole-school preventative services, are provided to all students, regardless of their risk for for developing serious problems. Examples of these services are health fairs, attendance initiatives, anti-bullying campaigns, parent engagement activities/events, and motivational speakers.
*Level Two services, are targeted and sustained interventions provided for specific students over an extended period of time. These services are provided based on individual student needs and include services such as one-on-one academic tutoring, mentoring, coordination of medical or dental resources and counseling.